- Mom: So are you ready for school tomorrow?
- Me: What? I don't start tomorrow. I start Wednesday.
- Mom: What are you talking about?
- Me: September 1st is when I start, Mom.
- Mom: No. Stop being silly. I'm waking you up at six tomorrow.
- Me: Why? The train doesn't leave until eleven.
- Mom: What train? Stop being ridiculous. You're scaring me. Now did you get all your supplies?
- Me: No. I have almost everything, but I still need my owl. Will you pick it up for me?
- Mom: Cindy, I'm serious. Quit.
- Me: Mom. I'm scared.
- Mom: Oh, honey! Why?
- Me: .... What if they put me in Slytherin?
- Mom: GO TO YOUR ROOM.
I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate highschool. I don’t even want to think about it.
Sahasrara: The Crown Chakra relates to consciousness as pure awareness. It is our connection to the greater world beyond, to a timeless, spaceless place of all-knowing. When developed, this chakra brings us knowledge, wisdom, understanding, spiritual connection, and bliss.
Ajna: The Brow Chakra is related to the act of seeing, both physically and intuitively. As such it opens our psychic faculties and our understanding of archetypal levels. When healthy it allows us to see clearly, in effect, letting us “see the big picture.”
Vishuddha: The Throat Chakra is related to communication and creativity. Here we experience the world symbolically through vibration, such as the vibration of sound representing language.
Anahata: The Heart Chakra is related to love and is the integrator of opposites in the psyche: mind and body, male and female, persona and shadow, ego and unity. A healthy fourth chakra allows us to love deeply, feel compassion, have a deep sense of peace and centeredness.
Manipura: The Solar Plexus Chakra rules our personal power, will, and autonomy, as well as our metabolism. When healthy, this chakra brings us energy, effectiveness, spontaneity, and non-dominating power.
Svadhisthana: The Sacral Chakra located in the abdomen, lower back, and sexual organs, is related to the element water, and to emotions and sexuality. It connects us to others through feeling, desire, sensation, and movement. Ideally this chakra brings us fluidity and grace, depth of feeling, sexual fulfillment, and the ability to accept change.
Muladhara: The Base Chakra located at the base of the spine, this chakra forms our foundation. It represents the element earth, and is therefore related to our survival instincts, and to our sense of grounding and connection to our bodies and the physical plane. Ideally this chakra brings us health, prosperity, security, and dynamic presence.